Best Fishing in Land O'Lakes
Desert Lake is famous for its world class fishing. Dew worms and tackle are available at the store with a fish cleaning station at the main dock. You may launch your boat adjacent to the beach off of Desert Lake Road. Species of fish that can be angled in Desert Lake are lake trout, northern pike, large and smallmouth bass, crappie, yellow perch, and panfish. Please get your fishing licence before you arrive.
Fishing Season 2014
Desert Lake is in division 18 of the Ministry of Natural Resources fishing regulations.
- Walleye 2nd saturday in May to Dec. 31st
- Large & small mouth bass 3rd Saturday in June to Dec 15th
- Northern Pike 2nd saturday in May to Dec. 31st
- Muskellunge 1st saturday in June to December 15th
- Crappie, Yellow pearch & sunfish Open all year
Desert Lake Depth Map
You can pick up a Desert Lake Depth Map in our office or print one here